Provincial land use and forest management planning processes are required to provide opportunities for the public to engage in the stewardship of the Crown forest lands. Important components of the Independent Forest Audit (IFA) include the determination of whether or not forest management plans were prepared in an open consultative manner and if opportunities were provided for on-going public participation in the forest management planning process. The audit is also required to provide an assessment of the overall effectiveness of these consultative processes to determine how public input was addressed and how public concerns and issues were resolved. To complete a survey questionnaire and/or provide comment on the forest management planning process or forest management operations on Forests subject to the IFA, please click on the links below.
- 2019 White River Forest Independent Forest Audit Public Survey (Closes July 15, 2019)
- 2019 Caribou Forest Independent Forest Audit Public Survey (Closes September 15, 2019)
- 2019 Romeo Malette Forest Independent Forest Audit Public Survey (Closes August 30, 2019)
- 2019 Hearst Forest Independent Forest Audit Public Survey (Closes October 15, 2019)
- Audit forestier indépendant de la forêt Hearst 2019 – Enquête publique (Ferme le 15 octobre 2019)
- Audit forestier indépendant de la forêt Romeo Malette 2019 – Enquête publique (Ferme le 30 août 2019)
Information is collected under the authority of the Crown Forest Sustainability Act. The information will be used solely by the Arbex Audit Team for the purposes of developing an understanding of forest management concerns and issues for the delivery of the Independent Forest Audit. Under the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act personal information will remain confidential unless prior consent is obtained.